General Discussions
Record of Rejected/Accepted Assignments Against Calculated Balance
Poll: Do you agree with this view?
Strongly Agree
Agree
Partially Agree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

I have trouble tracking how much I have made over the week. The email messages about modifications and accepted submissions doesn't help much. Modification requests immediately affect the "Pending Approval" balance, but upon modification and acceptance, the balance doesn't change. I made two accepted modifications this week and had to analyse the email messages to see how much I should be paid - I mean accepted submissions.

I suggest management should make it possible for writers to see all rejected and accepted assignments "over the week" and the amounts due so that it is easy to confirm total

I understand that mandating clients to give reasons for every rejected assignment will be bad for business as it can be a burden to some. But you can add features for clients to request a rewrite with pointers to what part of a subject or topic they want focus on. The reason for this is that the writer of any rejected article probably has done some background reading on the topic, making it easier for them to switch to any part of the topic than writers who might have to start afresh. Another advantage of this additional feature is that it helps the writer improve while forging some understanding between writers and customers. Mysterious rejections are particularly annoying considering the amount of time and effort put in each article. Dissatisfied writers will be discouraged or even quit with bad things to say about Scribesbay. Neither the writers, clients or Scribesbay want such an outcome.

If adding the above function is too difficult I will make an alternative suggestion. make it possible for the forum to view any rejected articles if the writer permits it. Or give writers the ability to post rejected articles the way they were submitted to be judged by the community. We will know if it is the writer's fault or if we are dealing with a cheating client. This is particularly worrying as the client may still publish the article on their site after rejecting it. I suspect this is the case with some rejections - getting two or more articles for the price of one. If the article is poorly written or not on a trending topic, other writers will point this out in the forum with corrections, and this will help others improve.

Management should do something about mysterious rejections.

I have trouble tracking how much I have made over the week. The email messages about modifications and accepted submissions doesn't help much. Modification requests immediately affect the "Pending Approval" balance, but upon modification and acceptance, the balance doesn't change. I made two accepted modifications this week and had to analyse the email messages to see how much I should be paid - I mean accepted submissions. I suggest management should make it possible for writers to see all rejected and accepted assignments "over the week" and the amounts due so that it is easy to confirm total I understand that mandating clients to give reasons for every rejected assignment will be bad for business as it can be a burden to some. But you can add features for clients to request a rewrite with pointers to what part of a subject or topic they want focus on. The reason for this is that the writer of any rejected article probably has done some background reading on the topic, making it easier for them to switch to any part of the topic than writers who might have to start afresh. Another advantage of this additional feature is that it helps the writer improve while forging some understanding between writers and customers. Mysterious rejections are particularly annoying considering the amount of time and effort put in each article. Dissatisfied writers will be discouraged or even quit with bad things to say about Scribesbay. Neither the writers, clients or Scribesbay want such an outcome. If adding the above function is too difficult I will make an alternative suggestion. make it possible for the forum to view any rejected articles if the writer permits it. Or give writers the ability to post rejected articles the way they were submitted to be judged by the community. We will know if it is the writer's fault or if we are dealing with a cheating client. This is particularly worrying as the client may still publish the article on their site after rejecting it. I suspect this is the case with some rejections - getting two or more articles for the price of one. If the article is poorly written or not on a trending topic, other writers will point this out in the forum with corrections, and this will help others improve. Management should do something about mysterious rejections.

Thank you for your suggestions, Danjuma.

Let me point out a few things here; articles pass through several phases of assessment even before it gets to the table of an editor. All these phases, excluding the editor, is entirely automated. So sometimes, your articles are rejected by AI bots matched against certain yardsticks including, grammar rules and instructions. This is why we always advise writers to follow specific instructions given.

The job of the editor is to ensure that the article makes sense and has the human writer feel.

We will keep improving our system for better feedback, especially to writers. We want to sure this journey is as fulfilling and as meaningful to you as we can.

We will always be open to suggestions on how we can improve and hope you grow with us.

Thank you!

Thank you for your suggestions, Danjuma. Let me point out a few things here; articles pass through several phases of assessment even before it gets to the table of an editor. All these phases, excluding the editor, is entirely automated. So sometimes, your articles are rejected by AI bots matched against certain yardsticks including, grammar rules and instructions. This is why we always advise writers to follow specific instructions given. The job of the editor is to ensure that the article makes sense and has the human writer feel. We will keep improving our system for better feedback, especially to writers. We want to sure this journey is as fulfilling and as meaningful to you as we can. We will always be open to suggestions on how we can improve and hope you grow with us. Thank you!
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft